Protein powders, or better known as protein shakes, are an essential supplement,regardless of goal or gender. Protein is a key component of any diet and shakes are a great way to ensure you are receiving adequate amounts daily.
What can I use Protein Shakes For?
- Meal Replacement– Planning the perfect meal 3 times a day 7 days a week can be very difficult. A protein shake can be a great source of meal replacement for those with a busy schedule or someone looking to watch their calorie intake throughout the day.
- Recovery– One of the most common uses for protein shakes is to take after a workout. The body has just went through the process of breaking down the muscle during the workout and a shake after helps replenish the muscles. The post workout shakes helps the muscle recovery properly, prevent injury, and allow you to train more frequently.
- Injuries– If you are someone who recently experienced an injury, your protein intake should increase in order to help the healing process. Shakes are a great way to boost protein intake.
- Muscle Building– Someone looking to build muscle will need to consume more protein then they normally consume. The body will require an increase for your muscles to change. The more intense your workout, the more protein your body will require for growth, recovery, and injury prevention.
- Weight Loss– Protein shakes have many great advantages for a person looking to loss weight or cut fat. It can be used as a meal replacement while maintaining a tough diet. It also helps build and maintain the muscle needed to lose fat. This is a key part of the weight loss process. Muscle will help you burn fat, so it is imperative to consume protein in your diet to help the weight loss process.
Which Protein is best for me?
- Whey-The most commonly used protein. It is considered a complete protein because it contains the 9 essential amino acids necessary for the human diet. Low in lactose. Can be used for weight loss, muscle building, and general maintenance.
- Isolate–Contains under 1% lactose or milk. Great for those who are looking for those who have issues with dairy. Can be used for weight loss, muscle building, and general maintenance.
- Vegan Plant Based–All natural, soy free, gluten free, dairy/lactose free protein powders.Can be used for weight loss, muscle building, and general maintenance.
When do I take my Protein Shakes?
- Weight Loss- Can be taken at any point throughout the day as a meal replacement or after your workout. Take with water or milk. Add Fruit extra flavor.
- Muscle/Maintenance Building- Most common way to take after a workout to replenish body of calorie depletion. The more intense your workout regimen, the more protein you will need to consume through dieting or shakes.
Pre-workouts are powders taken with water prior to your workout to boost energy, enhance mood,increase stamina, and improve endurance. Pre-workouts are one of the most popular categories of supplements. Most pre-workouts are unisex, however, we have female specific pre-workouts from companies who specifically focus on the female sector.
Great for people looking for extra energy to workout after a long day at work or the person looking to get the jump start early in the morning. The Pre-workout you select will be based on your experience and response to stimulants. See below for more details.
What Pre-Workout is Best for Me?
- Extra Strength- For Experienced Users Only. Contains high amounts of stimulants and caffeine. High Powered and Intense.
- Moderate- Contains moderate amounts of caffeine and stimulants. Recommended for beginners.
- Stimulant/Caffiene Free– No stimulants or caffeine.
- For Her Only- Pre-Workouts that are designed with female needs in mind.
Fat Burners are for someone looking to lose body fat and jump start the weight loss or leaning process. A fat burner will decrease hunger and appetite while increasing mood and focus. Your metabolism will see a boost from the blend of natural ingredients as well.
When do I take my fat burner?
Can be taken prior to a workout for extra energy and focus or first thing in the morning to increase mood, metabolism, and decrease appetite.
Branch chain amino acids, BCAA, are essential nutrients that the body obtains from protiens found in foods. BCAA will improve exercise performance and reduce muscle breakdown during intense workouts. Used by many athletes and professionals.
Creatine is extremely popular for building muscle mass. Normally found in your diet through red meat or seafood. Creatine is used by athletes and older adults to improve muscle performance and build mass.
Glutamine is an amino acid found in the body, amino acids are the building blocks of protein, which are essential in muscle building.It is especially important for providing fuel to the muscles, especially in times of stress.
Multi-vitamins are a great way to make sure you are taking in the daily nutrients needed for health and wellness. Provides a nutritional back up to a less than ideal diet to ensure you are receiving the proper minerals, vitamins, and nutrients.
- CLA-helps cut body fat, maintain weight loss, and retain lean muscle mass.
- Vitamin D3-Helps your body consume calcium. Important for building and maintaining bone strength. Also great for the skin and boosting your immune system. An essential vitamin for any diet or training routine.
- Vitamin B12-Most commonly used to boost energy and enhance mood. Improves your overall immune system functionality.
- Vitamin C-Used to strengthen the immune system and prevent issues like colds. Can also be used to boost mood, treat fatigue or stress.
- Omegas- Fish Oils-Used for a variety of reasons. Considered by many to be great for lowering blood pressure and cholesterol. Used for both weight loss and muscle conditioning. An essential part of a vitamin regimen.
- Biotin- used for preventing and treating hair loss and brittle nails.